Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Sunday 19 October 2014

You can never have enough Cesare's.

 I am now the proud owner? of three versions of my general, Cesare Borgia. Two are by Willie and one by Wargames Foundry. However after buying this painted Willie general from Tony Runkee, I have decided to make this chap the definitive Cesare, the others are clearly impostors.
 I thought I should include a floozy [courtesan ] and a clerical adviser to emphasize  the status of this figure.
 I am currently working my way through a German television production of the Borgis,titled funnily enough The Borgia. This is a very good series, obviously not as well financed as the British version, but actually still very good. The script has actually attempted to follow the history. The speech is actually in English and is worth a punt. Recommended is the amount of political skulduggery in the production, closely followed by the violence and sex. There is a further two series to view, so I will reserve my final judgement until after I have seen the whole series.




3 comments:

  1. Love this command base - the different characters adds drama and life to it. A real centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Ive said it before but the painter Tony Runkee is a quality painter, his Cesare is a real delight.
    Now Ive just got to convince him to be interviewed for an article on the early days of Hinchliffe and Peter Gilder.
    Thanks Robbie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could field them all in the next game and see who performs best......

    ReplyDelete

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.