Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Saturday 1 February 2014

Pete's Flags.

I'm sure Pete from Pete's Flags wont mind me using his image of one of the flags I commissioned him to create using details from the wonderful book, The Black Bandes of Giovanni. Hopefully this will be one of the several that are believed to have been carried by his companies after his death. Additionally several of the officers of the bande were known to adorn their armour with images of the devil. Now how can any self respecting wargamer not have these in his renaissance army.
 Pete is a bit of a perfectionist and I cant recommend his flags enough. He has expanded into The Burgundian Wars  a major interest of mine many years ago] and the armies of Henry the Eighth. 
 Tomorrow is the first big show of my wargaming calender, the show at York racecourse. The weather doesn't sound to healthy, but I am really looking forward to the event.
 I do have a list of items to buy, but having checked my renaissance unpainted units, I dont think I will need any more figures, at least not in this lifetime.
 Anyway, well done again Pete.

2 comments:

  1. Snow stopped at this end of the valley so you should be fine for the morning. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent looking flag, so impressive!

    ReplyDelete

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.