Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Sunday 17 November 2013

Another unit ready for Smoggycon.

My painting is a bit like buses, they tend to all come at once.
 Anyway John felt that I needed to have some more light cavalry ready for Saturday, so I dashed off these chaps.
 Luckily the Pike and Shotte rules operate in sixes, so painting these boys wasnt a chore.
 I used to have a fair few Citidal figures in my previous renaissance armies, especially my Burgundian one. Who did I sell them to? They are still a nice figure to use, but I dont like the Foundry pricing for them, a tad on the expensive side for figures that are at least 25 years old.
On that note, Hinchliffe have always produced a wonderful range of wagons, especially the renaissance range. This wine wagon, was one of my favaourites, so painting up another one was a real pleasure.
 Also a very reasonable price to currently buy.


 Lastly I had a couple of spare figures, so never being one to waste a nice figure, I have painted him as a sub general. I havent a clue who the manufacturer was but still a nice casting.

 So there we have it, hopefully it will make a colourful display on Saturday, dependent on the weather of course. Hope to see you there.

5 comments:

  1. Great paint job as always Robbie! Will be popping along to Smoggy with the camera this weekend so I'll get some shot of your Italian Wars demo. Always on the lookout for interesting colour schemes as well as inspiration for my Italian wars units!
    See you and John there!
    Den.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, very colorful....love the wine wagon and the horse crossbowman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil,
      you should check out the Hinchliffe figures and prices, they are still a very good range.
      Thanks Robbie.

      Delete
  3. Some nice minis there, glad I saw that Zabadak mentioned your interesting blog.

    ReplyDelete

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.